Andriosopoulos Kostas, DR.
Professor Dr. Kostas Andriosopoulos is the Executive Director of the Research Centre for Energy Management at ESCP Europe Business School where he holds the position of full Professor in Finance and Energy Economics. He is also the Academic Director of the fulltime (MEM) and the Executive (EMEM) Masters in Energy Management.
Kostas holds a PhD in Finance (Cass Business School, City University London), where he has been the recipient of the prestigious Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation’s scholarship. He also holds an MBA and MSc in Finance (Northeastern University, Boston, USA), and a bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering and Management (Technical University of Crete, Greece).
Kostas is a member in various professional and academic associations.
- President of the Energy Committee of the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
- Founder and former Chairman of the Hellenic Association for Energy Economics (a think-tank focusing on issues related to energy, the environment and the economy).
- Board member of the Global Gas Center – World Energy Council as a Gas and LNG markets expert.
- Member of the board of the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) as a Vice President for Publications.
- Founding board member of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society.
- Member Technical Chamber of Greece.
- Member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honour society, which recognizes outstanding academic achievements of students enrolled in collegiate business and management programs.
- Member of the Energy Commission of the Industry and Parliament Trust in the UK (2012-13).
In addition to his academic profile he has an extensive professional experience in the business world and has served as a business consultant in energy, food, web & software, commodity trading and shipping industries. In September 2019 he was appointed Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Public Gas Company (DEPA), a position he also held for the period 2014-2015. Since August 2018 he is Country Manager of Akuo Energy in Greece, a multinational company based in France that develops RES projects in 17 countries around the world. In addition, he has worked as an advisor to the Retail Banking Director and Managing Director for the British Bankers’ Association (2007).
Kostas’ current interests include energy-related geopolitical issues, gas and LNG market dynamics, RES investments, financial engineering and the application of operational research tools on risk management and investment techniques in energy, shipping and agricultural commodity markets.
His work has been published in international finance and commodity-related Journals, and has participated as speaker in recognised conferences world-wide. He is the Associate Editor for the International Journal of Financial Engineering and Risk Management and Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Energy Markets. Ηe has edited special issues in recognised journals, acts as a reviewer for a number of academic journals, and has organised numerous international conferences.