Dr. Eng. Yannis Maniatis is a Rural and Surveying Engineer (National Technical University of Athens). He was an Assoc. Professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and since 2002 Assoc. Professor at the University of Piraeus, as well as a Visiting Professor at the Institute of Economic Geography of University of Bonn.
Dr. Maniatis was elected as a Member of the Greek Parliament during the elections 2004 – 2019.
He has been:
– Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change
– Secretary General of the Ministry of Transport and Communications
His main academic fields and courses include:
- Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.),
- Energy and Transportation Policies and Systems,
- Environmental Management and Climate Change
- EU Structural Policies and Land Uses
- Innovation Management and Digital Entrepreneurship.
He is the author of the following books:
- “Structural Reforms and Progressive Patriotism”, 2016
- “Energy and Natural Resources: National Pillars for Development”, 2012
- “The Challenge of Green Development”, 2009
- “Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Monitoring”,1995